Could I get some guidance on how to install this RAM stick?

Discussion in 'Science, Computers, & Technology' started by rt6yhjyuvy6, Mar 1, 2016.

1. rt6yhjyuvy6

rt6yhjyuvy6 Top Contributor

Heyo, so I ran into a problem in my life that I was wondering if someone could shed some light on.

I recently received a Fury HyperX 4 GB RAM stick that I had ordered not to long ago and planned on putting it in my desktop computer (I mean, what else would you do with RAM sticks o,O). How ever I came across a problem which was that I didn't know which slot my​ new RAM stick should go in, in a list order heres all the information that I know of which partakes in this situation:

• I know that this Fury HyperX 4GB Ram stick is compatable with my computer (My computer is an Acer Aspire desktop)
    • If more information about the RAM stick is needed, heres the amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-1600MHz-DDR3/dp/B00J8E908M
    • ​I already have 1 4GB RAM stick in the first slot of the four RAM slots that had came with the desktop it's self.
    Overall my question is: Which slot should this Fury HyperX 4GB RAM stick​ go in, and where should the original one that​ came with the computer go?​​​​​

If anyone could answer this that would be extremely helpful, I lack knowlege when it comes to the computer's RAM slots.

Eigo (Luke) likes this.
  2. OhEmJee

OhEmJee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it can go in either one. Do whatever with the original stick. :p

rt6yhjyuvy6 likes this.
  3. Salkroth

Salkroth Active Member

Not that it really matters what slot they go in but you can look at the motherboard itself and you should see labels on either end of the ram slots labeled 1,2,3,4 or something on those lines, now one thing you should be aware of is if you plan to keep the old ram installed you want to make sure the old stick and the new stick are the same speed or it could cause conflicts and/or may not work.

Also the ram should pop in with little to no difficulty you want to make sure its going in the correct direction or you can break things (if you press really hard)  and make sure your mother board is secure and not loose or wobbly or you can snap it and its game over, what I like to do is apply slight pressure upwards on the back or closest edge of the mother board with my finger when I press down the ram during installation.

That's about all I can think of off-hand, good luck with the ram upgrade.

4. rt6yhjyuvy6

rt6yhjyuvy6 Top Contributor

Well, it seems like it worked :D, Thanks!

5. Meer(TheNinjaMeerkat)

Meer(TheNinjaMeerkat) Well-Known Member

1. Take this "Data Stick" and shove it in one of the USB ports

2. You're done

:p

JediNobesonic likes this.