End of Nations on Luxwander

Discussion in 'News' started by Schuttle, Feb 7, 2017.

By Schuttle on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:35 PM
  1. Schuttle

Schuttle Founder
    Staff Member Founder

Hello everyone,

This is the End of Nations on Luxwander.

We will shut down the Nation's server permanently on February 11th after the World War. We will also turn off all protection @ 12 PM PT on Wednesday. This was a good run for Nations, but we will refocus our efforts to different projects.

A big thanks to all who played and supported us.

Schuttle, @Bella_Nicole , @JackhammerJon

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Schuttle, Feb 7, 2017.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. OhEmJee
      OhEmJee
      Will something non-Nations-related replace it, though? Or are we stuck with the other servers?
    2. IcyFlameLordMan
      IcyFlameLordMan
      Ok well now I know what the plan is
    3. noel479
      noel479
      This has been the best 1:34 of my life
      SneakyNinjaDog likes this.
    4. Schuttle
      Schuttle
      We will continue to release new servers and new content.
      rbert125 and noel479 like this.
    5. Phantom_Creation
      Phantom_Creation
      The era of PvP is over on Lux. I want to thank my comrades in SBA for winning three worlds: Factions 2.0, 3.0, and 2016 Nations Classic.
    6. Phantom_Creation
      Phantom_Creation
      It's called Majestic Creative
      SneakyNinjaDog likes this.
    7. Polaris_Wolf
      Polaris_Wolf
      I play elsewhere, silly. I only sometimes visit Lux as a trip down memory lane. Hush.
      noel479 likes this.
    8. Attacker127
      Attacker127
      You surely won't find anything that's good like it used to be.
    9. Ally__Girl
      Ally__Girl
      I get what you're saying, Attacker, but really? We were not exactly "polite" about what we wanted, we may have been a bit polite in asking, but if we didn't get it soon everyone would trash talk staff and say they do nothing. Staff did not deserve all the hate they got, especially when they didn't have control over some stuff. The Nations players would hate on pretty much all staff whether they had a say in it or not. Like if something's wrong, y'all just blame it on staff and say they ain't doing their job.
      Zorredekka likes this.
    10. FrenchBread147
      FrenchBread147
      First, not all of us were rude. But some definitely got heated, and perhaps not without reason.

I think a lot of the frustration came from a general lack of commutation from the top. When suggestions were made they would often be left unaddressed. Even when they were replied to, the answers were often vague, leaving the player little understanding of why these decisions were made. Even the simplest suggestion of doing something to aid new players was generally ignored.

And now look at where we are. Nations was shut down with no reason given and very little warning. Schuttle just gave up on us. And with no plans to replace it, he surely doesn't care. But instead of saying he doesn't care about Minecraft PvP anymore, he just gives us as little info as possible. Waiting for this to blow over, and the Nations players to move on... It's no wonder players got angry and frustrated.

I hope at the very least, he gives us the map file for download. Hopefully that was saved before protections were disabled. I wish he would have just handed it over, for someone else to run it.
    11. Attacker127
      Attacker127
      Some were polite. Don't worry, I'm not trying to justify their actions. :)
    12. Ally__Girl
      Ally__Girl
      I agree, but you really cannot justify some of what they did. Nations players blamed the whole staff except the staff that actively plays Nations, and they have called them names and all, just because they failed to get what they wanted.
      Zorredekka likes this.
    13. Schuttle
      Schuttle
      The Nations Classic server has closed. Thank you again for everyone who played and supported us.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.