Help please?

Discussion in 'Redstone' started by Kodibear, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Kodibear

Kodibear Active Member

I'm a fan of Harry Potter, so I decided to make a working "Floo Network" on Comet1258s realm. The concept is that you stand in a fireplace, throw in the "Floo powder," then it is sorted and activates a Redstone Comparator, which then activates a chain of command blocks. All was going well, Comet and I were teleported to the location that was set, then things went wrong. The only way to teleport was if I stood near the command blocks, if I went away or tried it myself, it would just say the first command "/say Stairway!" I will give a screenshot of the command blocks, and I will list the commands and type of command block from bottom to top: (The type of the command block will be in brackets like these)

/say Staircase! (Impulse, Unconditional, Needs Redstone)
    /tp @a[-20,55,8,1] 159 245 12 (Chain, Unconditional, Always Active)
    /playsound entity.endermen.teleport hostile @a[159,245,12] ~ ~ ~ 10 1 (Chain, Conditonal, Always Active)
    /effect @a[159,245,12] nausea 6 1 true (Chain, Conditional, Always Active)

I don't know what went wrong, it was all working fine. If you can help, please comment any solution, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. truesurvivor9

truesurvivor9 Shift Master

I haven't really tried out the new command blocks, but have you tried making the first command block into a chain? Or maybe even try to change the "unconditional" settings.

Kodibear likes this.
  3. Attacker127

Attacker127 Emoji Master

Could it be that the redstone signal is not reaching all the Cblocks, i usually use a repeater between each one to enable the signal to pass through the block.

Kodibear likes this.
  4. Kodibear

Kodibear Active Member

I set them all into the "Unconditional" setting, the nausea effect and the teleporting sound now work, thank you! However, the teleportation command itself, does not seem to work.

5. Kodibear

Kodibear Active Member

Well, these are the new command blocks, the only one I have set to need redstone is the impulse one. As I said in my reply to Truesurvivor9, the only thing not working now, is the teleportation command. When I check the previous output, it doesn't say anything, like the block itself wasn't even activated.

6. Bella_Nicole

Bella_Nicole Senior Admin
    Staff Member Senior Admin

Kodibear Maby try using the @Player thing. So that when a player steps on the pressure plate he or she will get teleport away?

Kodibear likes this.
  7. TichePotato

TichePotato Member

I think the line "/tp @a[-20,55,8,1] 159 245 12 (Chain, Unconditional, Always Active)" will teleport anyone within a certain range. I've got no idea how the new command blocks work though, I've always used the old, and probably always will.

Kodibear and Bella_Nicole like this.
  8. OhEmJee

OhEmJee Well-Known Member

The reason why the teleportation command is failing is because its syntax is incorrect.
    I think the correct syntax is as follows:
    /tp @a[x=-20,y=55,z=8,r=1] 159 245 12​
    Assuming the 1 means "in a radius of 1 block from those coordinates".
    Cheers!

Kodibear likes this.
  9. Kodibear

Kodibear Active Member

I got it working! Thank you for the advice, changed the syntax, but I got rid of r=1, the problem was the radius!

TichePotato, OhEmJee and Bella_Nicole like this.