Luxwander: A dying art

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by Pasta-chan (Doof), Aug 6, 2017.

1. Pasta-chan (Doof)

Pasta-chan (Doof) Active Member

A long time ago, a player named Schuttle came up with an idea that would revolutionize the Creative server community. Why confine players to just a tiny 32x32 or 64x64 plot? Why not give them so much more land to build whatever they desire? Schuttle did just that. He created a server named Luxwander, and by god was it a grace. Creative players could rejoice with a community that steadily began to grow, enjoying gargantuan 400x400 plots to build shops, roleplays, mansions, anything. One player even made a full-scale replica of the USS Iowa. I joined the server back in 2014, when it was still fairly small. I didn't expect much. I was so wrong to expect so little from Schuttle. His staff put together a masterpiece. Some might even say it was a builder's utopia. The community was lively. There was always somebody to talk to or play with if you felt lonely. Fast forward to Mid to late 2015, Luxwander's peak. The server had on average 300 to 400 players online. The server had expanded from Creative to include factions, HG, and later on, Schuttle bought out an old Portuguese KitPVP server to add to the roster. The server introduced two new modes of creative gameplay; Noble and Gigaplot. Noble was similar to Majestic (the original 400x400 server), except it was more focused on building and not so much on roleplaying and buying hacked-in items. It was the 'sophisticated hangout' of the server. Gigaplot was for players who thought 400x400 wasn't enough. It featured 1000x1000 plots to build and think even bigger with. Unfortunately, as what happens with all great things, a great decline happened. Schuttle began to rely more and more on donations to help feed the ever growing playerbase. With many players getting bored of the endless expanses of their plots, and the RP genre dying down with much of the old community maturing greatly, Luxwander began her steady decline. Skip to mid 2016, and the playerbase had dropped from on average 400, to about 60 or 70 players on at most. I like to refer to these loyalists as the 'Old Gang', me being one of them, most of them veterans from 2013 and 14 that have stuck all this time to Lux. Sadly, even these strengthy players began to get tired of the server. In early 2017, Luxwander was on life support. Her player base now rarely exceeded 30 players at a time. The community was dead. Chats were no longer lively and happy. Conversations rarely popped up. By May of 2017, she was on her last limbs. Luxwander had hit an all time low, rarely seeing more than 15 players online. By this month, the jewel of creative building, the Roman Empire of creative servers, could finally be considered dead. With almost no community growth for 3 months, money has become scarce. Schuttle has to pull money from his pocket to keep the server alive. I've already put in my fair share, and there is no more we as a small community can do. It's not been confirmed yet, but with no new cash income, it's fair to say that she has very limited time. I'm betting a couple months at best. It is indeed sad to see such a glorious server slowly dwindle into nothingness. Goodnight, sweet prince.

If only there was something we could do to bring her back to her glory days. I've tried advertising on other servers, advertising on discords, everything. I guess the glory days are over, chaps. We should hang up our coats, sit down, and enjoy it while we can.

Zildjian52886 likes this.
  2. Cupcakeman120

Cupcakeman120 Active Member

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - Gandalf

rbert125 likes this.
  3. rbert125

rbert125 Active Member

4. comet1258

comet1258 Active Member

Never thought I'd see the day. Rest in peace.

Cupcakeman120 likes this.
  5. Cupcakeman120

We'll be here until the end.

6. Jasean

Jasean Retired Officer
    Retired Officer

It's a shame.

rt6yhjyuvy6 likes this.
  7. rbert125

rbert125 Active Member

Does "the end" necessarily translate to a shutdown? Could the network be sold?

Cupcakeman120 and rt6yhjyuvy6 like this.
  8. Cupcakeman120

Either one of them would still be a great sorrow to all of us. The customs of Luxwander could be forgotten if in the event of the network being sold.

9. Cupcakeman120

Uh speaking of boring conversations..
    upload_2017-8-9_16-25-18.png
    upload_2017-8-9_16-25-33.png

rbert125 likes this.
  10. rt6yhjyuvy6

rt6yhjyuvy6 Top Contributor

I can reassure you, whether you see the server as "dying" or not, Luxwander will not be sold or have a transition in executive authority.

rbert125 and Zildjian52886 like this.
  11. Zildjian52886

Zildjian52886 Luxwander's Friendliest Wolf

Yeah, Luxwander will hopefully always be Luxwander, and you can know that I will still be with the server in the future,

12. Schuttle

Schuttle Founder
    Staff Member Founder

Luxwander is not shutting down.