Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, & Nutrition' started by Pink_Wackos, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Pink_Wackos

Pink_Wackos Active Member

Hello there! You've come to this page because you do some form of martial arts, you're bored, you got lost in forums or maybe you want to see what's going on. I, myself practice American Kenpo Karate and I have been since I was 5. I'm 14 now so that's about 9 nine years. Today somehow on Majestic a lot of us got onto the topic of martial arts. So I want to know, how many of you do martial arts? Has it been a good experience for you? How long have you been doing it? Do you have any friends or family that practice martial arts? Why do you enjoy it? What form do you practice? And will you continue to do it?
    My head instructor is Mike Friedman, I'd love to know if any of you know him or know of him.

JediNobesonic likes this.
  2. truesurvivor9

truesurvivor9 Shift Master

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING

k sorry

I used to do Tae Kwon Doe. Planning to get into Kendo soon.

My experiences of Tae Kwon Doe.... nunchucks hurt. like. hurt.

JediNobesonic and Pink_Wackos like this.
  3. Pink_Wackos

I do knife and stick training but not nunchucks. I have watch my friends practice them. It was extremely entertaining.

4. rt6yhjyuvy6

rt6yhjyuvy6 Top Contributor

I did Tae Kwon Doe for about eight years and achieved my third degree black belt. I used the Twin Tiger Hooks as my choice for the whole "choose a weapon and master it" privilege that you get when your a second degree.

Doing Tae Kwon Doe from black belt and up also means I practiced in other areas like Jiu Jitsu.

AgileRich and Pink_Wackos like this.
  5. Bella_Nicole

Bella_Nicole Senior Admin
    Staff Member Senior Admin

Well I did do some karate in the past. But that was in my dreams where I would defeat every enemy or get chased by a weird looking bear. ...

Joking aside... i love to see people practise martial Arts. It reminds me of people dancing very angry. ...

Pink_Wackos likes this.
  6. MrFlyinPiggy

MrFlyinPiggy Well-Known Member

Michael or "Mike" Friedman was formerly an American professional racing cyclist for Rally Cyclist. He retired in 2014.

7. Pink_Wackos

Eh no.... That is a different guy. A much different guy...

MrFlyinPiggy likes this.