New luxwander.

Discussion in 'Majestic Creative' started by Redbrody7, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Redbrody7

Redbrody7 Member

So, Luxwander is dead and we all know it. And NOBODY has done anything to stop it. Does schuttle just not care about their server like that? It seems nobody here does. If you want to run a server actually run it. You never show your face in that server and you have not helped it a bit for ages. You are most likely the only person reading these forums, too. So take responsibility and run your server for once in a lifetime. Advertise it, replace that horrid lobby with the old one we used to have. And staff if you are reading this, no sympathy for you. You do no work, and don't even try to deny that. I never see you on. So please get replaced. Replace that ugly and sad lobby with the old lobby you had, advertise the server, hire new staff that actually moderate, add some new minigames, tidy the server up and we will be good. And staff, I suggest you reply with a FRIENDLY response or else that will give you a worse reputation. I expect to see, "We will use your suggestions to fix the server because lots of the community agrees with you." Fix your dead server before it is gone forever.

#1 Redbrody7, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Schuttle

Schuttle Founder
    Staff Member Founder

I still care about the server, if I didn't I would of shut it down long ago. I still pay several hundred dollars per month to keep it afloat and that is out of my own pocket since we don't receive revenue anymore. From a purely business and financial perspective, it would make sense for me to shut the server down immediately. I would save a lot of money and relinquish my responsibility. But, I still believe in Luxwander in the long term and we still have a small community that plays happily and that is enough for me is keep it running.

As I have said in previous posts, the primary reason for the delay on several updates, improvements, and fixes is I haven't had the time unfortunately due to school and work. School and work come first for me at this time and I don't mind keeping Luxwander floating in the meanwhile for our small community.

I love how our current lobby looks, I'm sorry you don't feel the same. The staff who worked on it did a great job and I don't think trashing one of the few updates we have made is the right path for improving the server or making your point.

While it's no secret the server is dead compared to it's previous highs. We have to be willing to endure the downtrend in stride as a community if we ever want to grow again.

3. Redbrody7

Redbrody7 Member

Apologies for what I said, I was in quite the bad mood when I posted this. Thank you for the reply though, I am glad this was cleared up.

4. Casper_vdM

Casper_vdM Well-Known Member

I get what you are coming from, but no.

5. Casper_vdM

Like Schuttle said, the server might not be doing that great, but I love the server, and so do others. Its that I am getting older that I barely have any time to play on here. And there are a lot of people like that on Lux.

The lobby looks amazing and compared to the old one its definetly an improvement.

I know we are running low on staff, but as of moderators, we dont really need a lot of moderators for a small amount of players, and therefore there will be times when staff is unavailable.

Except for Skyblock, which Magy really wants reset lol. There isnt really anything to do. There is a limit on a server. We could add new games, but who will play them? Or make them? Who will get the right plugins and update them when needed? It costs more money.

Idk for how long you have been around, but there were days when Luxwander had like 200 players online atleast, 24/7. And you are not the only one who wants that back. And you can say all these things that you want to change or that arent ok. But we cant do anything about it.

6. Casper_vdM

We all get mad sometimes but please dont be so disrespectful to these incredible people, that work so hard for this server.

7. joleymoleyhunt

joleymoleyhunt Well-Known Member

#BelieveInLuxwander

Forever will be my favourite server, no matter if it's a huge or small community, just gotta ride out this storm and shabam

Zildjian52886 and Casper_vdM like this.