Oatmeal's Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Oatmeal, Feb 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Jr. Moderator
    Staff Member Jr. Moderator

In theory, writing about yourself seems so beautifully and naturally simple. You are the person that you know best, and so it seems obvious that your own personality would be one of the easiest topics for discussion. However, I've come to discover that with this deep level of understanding comes thoughts, feelings, and expressions that are beyond my ability to describe. Though this introduction may be able to depict some of my life's concrete details (such as my favorite hobbies, ideal job, and greatest fears) I encourage you to find me on the server sometime and get to know me, because not only is that the best way for you to learn about me, but also for me to meet new people and learn about you! So, without further ado, here's my humble introduction.

Hello, my name is Oatmeal! This name was chosen not only as a tribute to the (arguably) best breakfast food, but also as a nod to my family's history as a long line of wheat farmers. I've been a part of Luxwander for about four to five years now, and it's hugely impacted my life. I can't imagine going a day without it. I majorly appreciate all of you guys in the community and hope that we continue to have fun in the years to come.

My real name is Mike, and I've lived in Oregon, USA my whole life. This is where I developed a love for the sea, and eventually swimming, which is the main sport I partake in. My greatest passion in life is drawing, and you can find many of my sketches, doodles, and craft projects posted on the forums, if you're interested. I also love helping people, even when I have no idea what I'm doing and end up only getting in the way.

Some other activities I enjoy are chess, sewing, playing video games, watching anime, and even some cosplay. If any of you share these interests with me, let me know and I'd love to discuss them with you!

My favorite school subjects include English and Mathematics. While I would much rather sit down and write a short story than write a proof, I've had lots of fun memories involving math that has eventually led me to love it. If you're curious to hear some humorous stories, let me know and I'll tell you!

My biggest fear is a strange phenomenon known as food neophobia. I get anxiety whenever I'm around food that I've never tried before, and go to lengthy measures not to come in contact with it. Unfortunately, my friends have used this to their advantage in the past, and would purposefully leave things like bags of Cheetos, oranges, or hamburger wrappers on my desk just to watch me nervously back off and refuse to sit there. I suppose it would have been funny, if it weren't for the fact that Cheetos are very, very terrifying... . Fortunately, over the years, I have been learning to overcome this fear.

I have yet to decide what I'd like to be in the future. I've debated becoming a professor in something relating to English, or perhaps I could attempt to pursue my passion in art and get involved in digital design or even animation. Either way, I take my academics very seriously and will put my whole heart into the goal I will choose, whatever it may be. Presently, I have also volunteered at my local library for quite some time and might apply for a job there in a few years to earn some extra cash.

Lastly, my favorite color is green.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know me! I look forward to continuing playing with all of you on Luxwander. If you have any questions you'd like to ask, feel free!

#1 Oatmeal, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. IcyFlameLordMan

IcyFlameLordMan Dank Duck of your Dreams

3. Wish4Life

Wish4Life Active Member

Hi oat!

Oatmeal likes this.
  4. rt6yhjyuvy6

rt6yhjyuvy6 Top Contributor

Hey Oatmealk/Mike! Welcome to the community, and It's nice to see some new faces pop up! Also, you enjoy anime? That's new! We'll have to talk about it some time.

Who am I kidding, it was nice to learn more about you, and I had no idea you thoroughly enjoyed English and swimming! (That's something we're definitely going to talk more about :D) It was also cool to see that you've overcome your fear, and I share something not quite the same, but similar.

Glad to know more, and nice introduction!

noel479 and Oatmeal like this.
  5. Attacker127

Attacker127 Emoji Master

Howdy!!
    Do you swim competitive, like in a swim team, or do you swim for fun?
    Welcome to the community!

Oatmeal likes this.
  6. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Jr. Moderator
    Staff Member Jr. Moderator

Heyoo, Attacker! I do actually swim competitively on a swim team (this is my 8th year on my swim team)! Do you swim, too?

noel479 and Attacker127 like this.
  7. Attacker127

Attacker127 Emoji Master

Yes actually, this summer will be my fourth year!

8. noel479

noel479 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ayo Oat! And welcome to the forums! :D

Oatmeal likes this.
  9. JackhammerJon

Staff Member Admin

Howdy! Nice to meet you!

10. SirStarky

SirStarky Active Member

Oatmeal is infact one of the best breakfasts. I also prefer french toast, and you cant go wrong with a good bowl of cereal.

Oatmeal, noel479 and JackhammerJon like this.
  11. ala

ala New Member

elo:rolleyes::):(:(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Oatmeal and noel479 like this.
  12. Meer(TheNinjaMeerkat)

Meer(TheNinjaMeerkat) Well-Known Member

Can I join the club :D? I've been swimming in a competitive swim club since i was 7 and a half, and i must say I have improved, what are your guys' times like?

Oatmeal likes this.