Shoutout To Some Staff

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ally__Girl, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zildjian52886

Zildjian52886 Luxwander's Friendliest Wolf

I'm sorry to say this but this was actually entertaining to read. :)

Salkroth likes this.
  2. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

You are not the first, and most definitely not the last to say that.

3. JKDeathGod

JKDeathGod Admin
    Staff Member Admin

It's supposed to be confidential to staff. And since you aren't staff, you don't need to know.

Bella_Nicole and Salkroth like this.
  4. Bella_Nicole

Bella_Nicole # Blame the Dutch!
    Retired Officer

This topic is getting abit out of hand. I would like to ask you Ally and every other player who read this.

If you have evidence of a staff breaking the rules, please report them to Schuttle. Do not speculate, gossip or argue in a thread about it. There is no need for it. When Schuttle gets a report, he will investigate the matter. Talk to the player who posted the report and then find the solution to the issue. That can be as simple as just having a good talk with the certain Staff Member, or a Demotion as staff. The last punishment Schuttle would issue is a Global ban from the server. We do not discuss the matter with players. This falls under the Code of Conduct and staff confidentiality.

Lastly i would say, The Staff try our very best to create a fun and good community on this server. Every person has good and bad days even Staff. Our staff should however not react upon the bad towards players. Also please understand that Staff volunteer on this server. They have busy lives outside Luxwander. With School, work ect..

5. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

Dude, you've seen my reports, all of them end with staff saying "the player has been dealt with" or something about it not being punishable or my report being invalid.

6. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

Yes, that's true, but just because they volunteer doesn't mean they're gods. Ain't mean they're better than everyone else. Ain't mean they should be treated differently.

7. Salkroth

Salkroth Active Member

I Truly do not know how much clearer we can write this Ally__Girl, WE. DO. NOT. DISCUSS. THE. RESULTS. OF. A. REPORT. WITH. THE. PUBLIC.
    Getting "the player has been dealt with" is all the reportee will ever get as a response on a accepted report PEROID.

And lastly, you keep telling us that we are not "gods" and are not better than anyone else and I 100% agree but that is EXACLTY how you expect us to treat you, like you are more important than others and the rules do not apply to you because you do not like them.

TL : DR - We no tell you report results, everyone equal, stop arguing with pointless points.

8. OhEmJee

OhEmJee Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ally, has it occured to you that "the player has been dealt with" might actually mean something?
    You're being pretty insulting.

Also:
    *reporter

9. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

What I meant was that for every report except one I have been told "the player has been dealt with" or that my report is invalid, etc. I got pissed that I was banned for a report even though no one bothered to reply to it, leading me to think that they had not given enough craps to even tell me my report is useless and completely unpunishable, yet had banned me. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

10. Zorredekka

Zorredekka Retired Officer
    Retired Officer

Wait, if I read this correctly, "...I was banned for a report even though no one bothered to reply to it..." and "...tell me my report is useless and completely unpunishable, yet had banned me." Are you saying the staff banned you for making a report against someone else that wasn't valid, if that is your argument, I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

The only other thing I could try to get out of that poorly worded statement is that someone reported you for invalid reasons and you got banned, and that is where you think the injustice is. But regardless, if that is the case, I would love to know how you would know this happened.

11. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

I would say that very popular acronym that starts with the twelfth letter in the alphabet and ends with the fifteenth, but everyone knows how that's ended before. I agree that it is highly unlikely, and my cold, dark, empty soul could almost force itself to laugh at this.
    Anyway, that's not what happened. I was banned because the report apparently showed me breaking the rules as well as the person I reported. The staff never bothered to reply to the report, and so I assumed that they were going to someone work up the energy to ban me but couldn't do the same for the other player.

Edit: they did reply, but only after I had bugged every staff member I could about why I had been banned. When a staff member explained to me what happened and I was still pissed because obviously I knew what happened, they then went on to tell me that the other player WAS dealt with, and that it was just on the staff member that acted upon the report and did not reply.
    The staff that had been so kind as to explain this then proceeded to reply to the report.

#31 Ally__Girl, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  12. Salkroth

Salkroth Active Member

You don't seem to realize that not all staff members know everything about everything on this server, while there is a section to keep track of reports and their results staff doesn't go and read that unless they need to find out a certain players history on following the rules.
    You also have to remember that we are only human and we make mistakes too, maybe that particular moderator forgot to reply on the forums right away, it happens, its unfortunate but its just a mistake.

So yes its very understandable that you had to go talk to many staff in that situation because only the staff who took action would know what happened at that point without Schuttle having to dig through the logs and there usually is no reason for him to sift through months of logs to find said info not to mention its not fair to ask him to do that on something so simple like a mute or a temp ban. (I am not saying you did ask I am just simply stating the fact)

But I have to thank you for that great laugh on your last post, maybe in the future you should not break any rules and that way when you file a report you don't also get in trouble, I know its a difficult concept but you will understand one day.
    Making a report doesn't make you immune to any rules, I am actually kind of surprised you are even upset at us at all over that, I mean you clearly have only yourself to blame just like in 99% of any other situation you've been in here.

Casper_vdM likes this.
  13. Ally__Girl

Ally__Girl Member

Same thing about that acronym from last time.
    I wasn't mad I got banned. I didn't give a crap about that. I saw it coming and I was in that mood of "If you so much as look at me in a way I happen to dislike I will freaking cut you" mixed with "I couldn't care less what you do to me, nothing affects me, I don't give a crap about you or anything you do or say, or anyone/anything else." In short, I was extremely pissed and I was ready to beat the crap out of someone and was on the verge of those tears you get when you're just way too pissed off. You won't understand this unless you've been in that mood too.
    I was just pissed because from my POV, the staff freaking hates me and gives no craps about what anyone else does, and so only punishes me. I mean, I've always been that way and always will, but I thought you guys were finally finished with pretending otherwise.
    As for talking to so many members of staff, it wasn't that staff didn't know, it's that no one but (I think) two staff members responded. I was told this was because everyone else was AFK. For multiple days. Many. Something close to a week. Everyone but that one person that could apparently be of no help. And then one day, a miracle happened. A staff member actually gave a crap.

This involves that one staff member that I will always feel bad whenever I so much as say "hi" to, because I felt so bad about what I said. I'm sure they've forgotten but I was so embarrassed and I felt so bad so I'll probably always remember this. And so I will do a rare apology. Because they deserve it.
    Thank you to that staff member I accidentally and unknowingly insulted that still puts up with me and is usually the one to respond to "I forgot my channel pass, can you please reset it?" or "why am I banned this time?" Again, I'm sorry. I did not mean to insult you, so thanks for surprisingly being the staff member that puts up with me the most and doesn't actually tell me how much they dislike me and can't wait until I am permanently banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.