Staff Absence

Discussion in 'Majestic Creative' started by kingsarechamps, Jan 28, 2017.

1. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Active Member

Hello everyone,

Recently, I and many others have noticed that Staff members have either not been on, or have been afk, on the Luxwander server. I think this is not very fair, because sometimes problems arise, or I have have a question that needs to be answered very quickly, but there is no staff member on. This could have to do with the Staff's timezone and my timezone not meeting up, but I hope that this problem can be fixed soon.

Thanks,
    Kingsley

Phantom_Creation likes this.
  2. yadelfrost

yadelfrost Advanced Member

It's called neglect

Phantom_Creation likes this.
  3. JackhammerJon

It's called having the flu. Not fun.

Bella_Nicole likes this.
  4. IcyFlameLordMan

IcyFlameLordMan Dank Duck of your Dreams

No we don't have many staff members and most mods don't have as much powers as they did before

yadelfrost likes this.
  5. kingsarechamps

Still, that's only one staff member. Where are all of the others?

6. yadelfrost

Have either left, been demoted, are literally afk, small amount of time to even spend on here, out living life, or you know playing a different game.

7. SirStarky

SirStarky Active Member

You can always contact at least one non-afk staff member on the forums if trouble arrises.

8. JKDeathGod

JKDeathGod Admin
    Staff Member Admin

kingsarechamps, I understand that you want the server to do well and without problems. (Effectively summing up what everyone else has said) Staff members are human beings and have lives outside of the server, Many of us have school, work, or have family matters to attend to. Which has priority over being on the server. Our staff team is spread out over different time zones, thus spreading out the amount of staff members that could be online at any given time, along with the fact that we don't have a large staff team means that there will be 'dead times' where there aren't any staff members online. However, this does not mean that staff can't help. You can always make a topic in the correct sub-section of our support section, and a staff member will view it when they are available. If this doesn't satisfy you, then you could always apply for a staff position yourself when staff applications are open. Also, just because there are no staff members on when you have a question that needs to be answered quickly, you can ask other players that are online, unless your question directly relates to something only staff members would know, which would likely mean that your question would not be answered due to confidentiality. I hope my message gets the point across and hopefully it didn't ramble on too much.

9. TheReach2134

TheReach2134 Active Member

Similar to what JKDeathGod said, staff do many other things other than play and watch over the server. Al thought I can agree to a certain extent that the staff numbers have gone down quite a bit, there are many ways to temporarily fix these problems until a staff member arrives. If there's a player bothering you or spamming, take a few screenshots as evidence of their misbehavior and then use the /ignore command so you dont see them talk anymore. There is a report section on the forums where you can create posts about other players breaking rules or as such. Staff cannot be around all the time, you can make their life a little easier when they're not around by reporting them so they get busted. As for questions, you can usually ask other players across the server for the answer to your question. Some players will have the answers you're looking for.
    Staff can't always help or be there for you, sometimes you need take care of things yourself somtimes. Without getting yourself in trouble of course :L

10. truesurvivor9

truesurvivor9 Shift Master

11. yadelfrost

What's stopping yall from adding more staff then.
    Advertise the staff applications through the server message and do the trials.

kingsarechamps likes this.
  12. IcyFlameLordMan

Lower play count means not much staff is needed

13. yadelfrost

if the staff already here aren't even active enough on the server adding more would help.

14. IcyFlameLordMan

Eh I wouldn't want to be mod all they can do is /ban and /mute

15. kingsarechamps

I obviously understand that family matters and school is first priority over everything. But if the staff team is short, and not able to be on as much as they used to be on, why not open the staff applications, like yadelfrost said. Even though the server has a low player count, it would help tremendously if just a few more staff members were added. I wasn't trying to be rude in this post btw, i just wanted to share my concerns.

DSbulldogs and Phantom_Creation like this.
  16. Wish4Life

Wish4Life Active Member

I want to apply when apps open because I have noticed the lack of staff. Im usually on every day so atleast some staff would be active xD

IcyFlameLordMan likes this.