Worldedit

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by CaptTNT, Nov 27, 2017.

1. CaptTNT

CaptTNT New Member

Hello, I was just wondering, why is //sphere and //hpshere size limited at 5? Could we have a max of maybe 25? It would be much easier for me to make some fun builds with me and my friends.

OTHER QUESTIONS:
    -Why is //redo limited to mods?
    -Why does //smooth not work underground?
    -What version of w/e are you using?
    -Why are nether portals disabled?
    -Is there any way we can force a specific part of our plot to be survival, just like Schubucks? (/warp Schuttle) btw

2. CaptTNT

CaptTNT New Member

Ok me 30 minutes ago just saw that I posted this in the wrong place .-. Sorry guys!

3. SneakyNinjaDog

SneakyNinjaDog The Doggiest of Ninjas
    Staff Member Sr. Cartographer

Quick answers: Its all about lag and possibly crashing the server.

The 5 block limit is indeed annoying. However it prevents lag and crashes. Don't know if a limit of 7 or maybe 10 would still be enough, but keep in mind that many people may be doing spheres at the same time.

Redo like undo is also kinda intensive, but its hard to live without undo. Redo is not essential.

Have no idea about smooth. Maybe that is a worldedit thing more than a Lux thing.

Have no idea which version we are using...

Why would you need the nether on creative? Think about it, the terrain in creative is... not there. Its a flatworld for a reason. For you to be able to build. If you could go to the nether it would be... uhm the nether. It does not belong in a creative environment.

There is a way to force people into survival obviously, as you have encountered it at Schubucks. We will not however be letting anyone do that. I don't even think mods can do it. It may be a Schuttle only power :)

Caveat: These are all MY answers and may or may not be the actual reasons behind things. Its just why I think it is so :cool:

Bella_Nicole and CaptTNT like this.
  4. CaptTNT

CaptTNT New Member

Thank you! I kind of understand now why making a size 25 hsphere or larger might crash the server :)

5. SneakyNinjaDog

SneakyNinjaDog The Doggiest of Ninjas
    Staff Member Sr. Cartographer

We do have experience from the dev server (where mods and cartos go to build stuff like the new hub) where we have no limits on. Usually there will be only one of us on there and even then it is possible to crash it with worldedit. Just imagine what it would be like if 10-15 people were doing it! :)

And the after effects of crashing creative would also be much worse. Since when we crash dev ... well we are staff and can get a hold of Schuttle relatively easy. And only the 1 or 2 staff that was working there is affected. On creative it would ruin it for a lot of people and there might be no staff on at the time... so it might take a little before it got back up.

Bella_Nicole and CaptTNT like this.
  6. JKDeathGod

JKDeathGod Admin
    Staff Member Admin

I moved this thread to a better section. You're welcome.
    I'm just going to answer the questions where I have a different answer than Sneaky; who, for the most part answered the questions correctly. I just want to put in my few cents. :cool:
    • I know that end portals teleport you back to the hub I'm not sure if nether portals are the same, if it's the same thing both are bad don't do it; .
    • //smooth underground is a W/E thing, you can't really use it underground because of how it works. If you really care about terrain underground, either clear the blocks above it and build it from the bottom up; try a smaller brush size, or form the terrain by hand (since if you know how to terraform well by hand it's better than with W/E).
    • If people could set areas to certain gamemodes it would allow players to have more annoying ways to grief others.

7. CaptTNT

CaptTNT New Member

:) Got it!