Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Discussion in 'Science, Computers, & Technology' started by ItsQueen, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Xbox 360 vs. PS3

1. PS3

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Xbox 360

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsQueen

ItsQueen Potato Queen

My 2 Xbox 360's I had a while back had broken down leaving me with only my PC which still is good. After a while though, I realized that I missed playing all the games I used to play like Guitar Hero and all of that good stuff.

After much discussing with my parents, they agreed to get met a console, as long as I payed.

Further researching both consoles, my mind was unsure on which one to get. Here are some of the expectations I hope I meet with the console.

• No overheating issues
    • Affordable price
    • Affordable games
    • Great performance
    • Last long
    • Have great games that are for that console
    • Good customer support
    • No lag
    • Have cheap online gaming(like playing online, if ya know what I mean(insert Rob from ThreadBanger's voice))
    • Have great security
    • Easy controls that won't make my hand confused.
    • Controllers with the real deal

Tell me what you think!

Thank you, ​
    ItsQueen   

2. AknitaSkyOFFICIAL

AknitaSkyOFFICIAL Advanced Member

Well, for one, I hate PS3. I have a Xbox 360 and it's awesome. <------- best detailed advice given yet xD

But apart from that, You should get a Xbox. besides, I'm not sure if you can get something Like a Kinnect that the Xbox has for a ps3... Or does it..

Idk. xD

-Lame. Answer.-

ItsQueen likes this.
  3. 17998

17998 Well-Known Member

PS3 FTW #Playstation #Sony :p :D ;)

17998 and Fantastic_Fox like this.
  4. JackhammerJon

• No overheating issues  - Can't say either one has that issue.  360 owner since 2005, never had an overheating issue.
    • Affordable price - I'd say, being "last" generation, they both are relatively affordable in relation to the new consoles.
    • Affordable games - Games cost the same for both.
    • Great performance - Despite what Fanboys might say, both perform the same.  The only issues with freezing or such (both consoles) are, 9 times out of 10, the game itself.  Bethesda games (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) love to freeze when loading sometimes.  Not the console's issue.
    • Last long - The Red Ring issue has been dealt with, so at this point in time, both consoles will last.  Anything can happen to either, they are technology after all.  My original 2005 360 got the red ring of death.  My friend still has his old 360 and it still works (knock on wood :p )
    • Have great games that are for that console - When I look at consoles, exclusive titles are the main thing I look at (and the controller).  Xbox has Halo and a few others, Playstation has Last of Us and a few others.
    • Good customer support - Had my acct stolen and my credit card charged.  Microsoft refunded everything and got my acct back quickly.  I can't speak for Sony.
    • No lag -  While Xbox Live was head over heels better than Playstation's equivalent in the past, I can't speak for that now since Sony has worked on improving things.  I can say, most times when people "lag" in games, it's their internet, not the servers.  Also, if the game itself is lagging offline, that's most likely on the games side.  I've played some titles that were poorly created.
    • Have cheap online gaming(like playing online, if ya know what I mean(insert Rob from ThreadBanger's voice)) - Both cost around the price of a new game for a year of service to play multiplayer games online.
    • Have great security - No company is perfect, but both seem to keep your information safe.  My issue was logging into an untrusted computer.  My fault, not theirs.
    • Easy controls that won't make my hand confused. 
    • Controllers with the real deal - I, for one, am a big Xbox fan because of the controller.  Joystick placement is great.  Playstation joystick placement makes my hands cramp way too easily for my taste.

Also of note:  PS3 comes with a Blu-ray player, Xbox 360 is just a basic DVD player.

Disclaimer:  Xbox owner and user since the release of the original Xbox.  This includes the 360 and also the One.  I did own an original Playstation, but I hated the controller.  Loved the games though.  Spyro and Crash ftw.   I will say that the Playstation 4 controller is an improvement and a step in the right direction.

#4 JackhammerJon, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  5. CorrosiveBug (Jacob)

CorrosiveBug (Jacob) Some Dirt Guy

Jack sums it up pretty damn well there.

I for one am an Xbox kind of guy. It's just what I've been brought up with over the Playstation. I prefer how Xbox is set out in both aesthetic looks and digital looks (Navigation menu's, etc). I also like the fact that you can really personalize yourself on Xbox with your profile. I can't say for Playstation now as for roughly 2yrs I've been on PC.

But both consoles are relatively good, it really just depends on your personal preference and some of the exclusive game titles; Along with which you can get cheaper with certain things. Cheap bundle deals are always nice! :D I do know of an Xbox One deal going around (Might be an Australia only thing, not too sure), but you get the console itself and the entire Halo franchise for roughly $350. Just a thought ^-^

Good luck!

ItsQueen likes this.
  6. AknitaSkyOFFICIAL

AknitaSkyOFFICIAL Advanced Member

Also, In My opinion I have to say that Xbox 360's are abit more Reliable.

Kinglemonz462 likes this.
  7. yadelfrost

yadelfrost Advanced Member

Jack may I use you're response for every future debate over 360 vs PS3 because it was just beautiful.

Both consoles are equal on almost every level even with the blue ray player. You're able to buy an add-on blue ray disc player onto the original 360 (can't confirm the quality or if it's still around, I only know it was available).

I see it more as a preference issue then a hardware or game issue.

PS3

Family console

-Has a bigger family friendly game base then the 360.

-Small/ simple controller that fits into small hands (children) and simple button layout.

-Bigger single player game base then 360

(Big titled single player based games)

-Blue ray player

Xbox 360

Gamer console

-Has a bigger hardcore gamer game base then the PS3

-has a controller that is molded to fight mature hands (basically means that it was made for an older audience) with a button layout that can be tailored to a lot of games.

-You'll mainly find online multiplayer games for the 360 because that's it's target audience.

TL:DR

The PS3 is targeted to a more family based audience while the 360 is geared towards the more hardcore gamer audience. You'll find that a lot of single player/family games are showcased on the PS3 while most multiplayer/FPS games are on the 360.

Kind of why a lot of console tournaments are on the 360 like this weeks COD championships.

17998 and ItsQueen like this.
  8. Fantastic_Fox

Fantastic_Fox Captain Fluffkins

Ps3 has FREE online gaming! Now you can get PlayStation plus for things like free fames , but you don't need it. This doesn't work for the ps4 though

If you have enough money though. I would get a ps4 with a PlayStation plus bundle.

ItsQueen likes this.
  9. Zorredekka

Zorredekka Retired Officer
    Retired Officer

PC Master Race.........just sayin.

But if I had to choose, XBOX

ItsQueen likes this.
  10. ItsQueen

ItsQueen Potato Queen

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you soooo much. You have convinced me a lot to get an XBox over a PS3. You should be a spokesperson or something 'cause you really know how to convince large audiences. Thx again.

I did hear about the Play Station Network getting hacked a few times which makes me think a bit. I also heard that xbox servers have had no incident of hacking. 

Yes, I must agree on the Xbox part. 

I actually would get Kinect. That gives an advantage towards xbox.

And yes, JackhammerJon's response was beautiful. 

I think I will be joining the Xbox Family! Thank you to everyone for voting and replying. I hope this helps someone with the same question I had. Thank you all, even though I already said this xD!

11. Fantastic_Fox

I'm just going to say that xbox gets hacked along side PlayStation

Have fun with you Xbox though! :)

#11 Fantastic_Fox, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    ItsQueen likes this.
  12. Fantastic_Fox

Btw! PC MASTER RACE FTW! Still love consoles.

yadelfrost and ItsQueen like this.
  13. Pasta-chan (Doof)

Pasta-chan (Doof) Active Member

I prefer the Xbox, I've played a PS at my cousin's house and the controllers were just BLEGH, I legitimately think that just trying to reach a button made my knuckles crack. Xbox has some exclusives that I love (And are great for starters, especially to FPS'ers). For one, there's Battlefield 1943 on the 360, an easy-to-play simple FPS. It has 3 classes, no wildcards, no confusing GUIs. You have Scout, Assault, and Rifleman. 360 also has DOOM II on it, a great classic single player and co-op campaign only FPS from the late 20th century.

So overall, the 360 is my choice. Up to you though.

ItsQueen likes this.
  14. Kinglemonz462

Kinglemonz462 The King Of All Lemons!!!

Xbox 360 is my favorite, but I can't honestly speak for the Xbox one because EVERYBODY I know says it sucks.

I originally wanted a ps4 but I am going to stick with Xbox for now.

ItsQueen likes this.
  15. Pasta-chan (Doof)

Pasta-chan (Doof) Active Member

[​IMG]

Win for the longest post ever?

ItsQueen likes this.
  16. ItsQueen

ItsQueen Potato Queen

Yes xD

17. Jarr

Jarr Active Member

Love me my PS4, But the crown goes to 360