A Luxwander New Year

Schuttle

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Apr 14, 2010
The following was originally posted on our Discord on 12/31/2019.

Hello Wanderers,

Luxwander has returned and like many others I am filled with nostalgia and joy. The launch went better than I could have ever imagined. I was so surprised by the huge turnout and outpouring support.

Luxwander means so much to me and as I know it means so much to all of you. Many of us have literally grown up with this community. I thank you all for your patience and support. I won’t let you down!

Moments like these reinforce and make me feel emboldened in my efforts to rebuild and regrow Luxwander and maybe even eventually surpass our previous success. None of this could be possible without you, the community, and the bonds we all share.

I have met many people on Luxwander that are now my friends for life and I know several members have had similar experiences. Luxwander isn’t just a minecraft network, we are a family. Sometimes we have our moments, but at the end of the day we are all back together as one.

Luxwander officially relaunched on December 21st, 2019. This was unplanned since the original planned launch date was the 20th, however, the 21st is the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere which applies to most of the community. This is a fitting date for the relaunch because this is the day where nights finally grow shorter and the days start to grow longer. Each day after the solstice more and more light returns until the next cycle. The full meaning of Luxwander is “wandering light” and it looks like we all starting to return to explore, pioneer, and voyage again.

I am working hard on bringing Luxwander to standard with a full feature set. I expect this to be completed over the next several weeks. After that, I am planning on a monthly or biweekly update cycle with new servers and features in the pipeline. I will also explore adding additional servers for other games or creating community groups for games where private servers aren’t available.

VIP ranks and the forums should release this weekend. Staff applications will release with the forums. Minecraft Nations should follow after that. Builder ranks are still in progress. Thanks for bearing with me as I get through the initial release!

My first official Twitch stream was supposed to be this weekend, but I am delaying it in favor of working on Luxwander.

Follow and don’t miss out:

Happy New Year Wanderers!!!