Any artists out there?

ThatBariGal

Cartographer
Staff member
Cartographer
Settler
Dec 29, 2016
Auburn, Maine
there’s another post abt music, but i’m curious about art. do any of you guys draw or paint or do other forms of art? i really love art and talking to people about art!
anyways i’ll start off with myself and i hope you guys share your love/experience of or with art!

i’ve been drawing seriously for about 6 years. what got me into drawing was seeing all of the amazing art in anime’s like sailor moon, tokyo ghoul and attack on titan. i started off literally googling screen caps from those shows and drawing what i saw. i started off so bad but that process trained my eye really well. though i don’t really watch anime anymore, it’s impacted my art style so much! my favorite materials to use are my copics, prismacolor pencils, charcoal, and oil paint. i also plan on going to art school for illustration (my dream school is scad you guys should look it up it’s an amazing school) i mean that’s basically it for me how about you guys?

if you don’t know what to say i have some questions that u can answer :)
how did you get into art?
favorite medium(s)?
favorite thing to draw?
what’s the longest you’ve spent on a piece?
what’s your least favorite medium (and why)?
do people tell you that your skill is natural as if you didn’t work hard for it and are you upset abt it? (elaborate on it?)-i get told this sm it annoys me so much

i’ll also post a couple of things i’ve done but i think it’d be really nice if you guys could also share pieces you’re proud of!
i love hearing everyone’s stories so don’t be afraid to type some long thing like me lol i’ll read all of what you guys post <3
i really love seeing everyone’s art so don’t be afraid to show it off! you deserve some recognition <3
885B5888-5BD2-4C38-B23E-8CC3030E1640.jpeg

^^this was from an art show i was forced into before school was cancelled
9FB0D12D-96B5-4E2F-A47A-01D79ED3CDAB.jpeg

^^this was from someone’s draw this in your style from insta but i love how it turned out (and yes i wrote the hashtag on it so i couldn’t forget it don’t shame me smh)

i know this was a lot but thank you for reading it means a lot <3 anyways go off in the comments pls (i’m so scared of nobody saying anything oml)

Reactions: PlacematAloe

PlacematAloe

Apr 16, 2020
Here
Your portraits are really good!! i suck at portraits, i only paint landscapes and organics, anatomy is too hard :( Honestly tho, I always get so self concious about my art that most of them are unfinished.. I have a still life that still needs the globe to be painted, and then on another mountain painting I never finished the water. With all this free time I might go back and finish them, but I don't think I have enough paint.
Also!! my friend goes to scad and she loves it!

Reactions: ThatBariGal

ThatBariGal

Cartographer
Staff member
Cartographer
Settler
Dec 29, 2016
Auburn, Maine
Your portraits are really good!! i suck at portraits, i only paint landscapes and organics, anatomy is too hard :( Honestly tho, I always get so self concious about my art that most of them are unfinished.. I have a still life that still needs the globe to be painted, and then on another mountain painting I never finished the water. With all this free time I might go back and finish them, but I don't think I have enough paint.
Also!! my friend goes to scad and she loves it!
landscapes are always really fun to do! i started off really bad with portraits though but i kept on drawing them lmao. which location does she go to? there’s 4, atlanta, savannah, hong kong and one somewhere in france :000

PlacematAloe

Apr 16, 2020
Here
landscapes are always really fun to do! i started off really bad with portraits though but i kept on drawing them lmao. which location does she go to? there’s 4, atlanta, savannah, hong kong and one somewhere in france :000
Practice makes perfect but phew it's gonna take a whole lot more for me to get good at drawing faces. My friend goes to the Savannah location; she always posts pictures on her snapchat story and it looks really cute there. which location were you considering?

ThatBariGal

Cartographer
Staff member
Cartographer
Settler
Dec 29, 2016
Auburn, Maine
Practice makes perfect but phew it's gonna take a whole lot more for me to get good at drawing faces. My friend goes to the Savannah location; she always posts pictures on her snapchat story and it looks really cute there. which location were you considering?
lol i can still never get the pictures to match the reference i gotta admit. making the face is one thing but getting it to match your reference is so hard T^T
i’m trying for the atlanta location. last year when i was visiting my uncles we went there and lied to them about my age to get a tour of the place and it’s so amazing there. it’s just an amazing school overall ;~;

Shmiko

Wanderer
Wanderer
Sep 12, 2014
Oo, hi! I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil, but I only got serious when I was in the 7th grade I think.

How did you get into art?
This one's kinda awkward. I was a massive fan of the Warrior Cats series when I was younger, so I put all of my brain cells into making and drawing OCs for myself.

Favourite medium?
Nothing beats multimedia sketchbook paper and a classic Bic .5mm pencil. Digital is a close second.

Favourite thing to draw?
...Cats, because I spent most of my childhood drawing cats, and it's so low effort for me to do.

What’s the longest you’ve spent on a piece?
I have no idea. I've spent 2 weeks on pieces for art class.

What’s your least favorite medium (and why)?
Acrylic paints. I don't like how I can't blend with them. I also despise charcoal because of how messy it is.

Do people tell you that your skill is natural as if you didn’t work hard for it and are you upset about it?
Yeah, it makes me really upset. I don't like when people come up to me and tell me they wish they could draw. I always tell them I've been drawing since I could hold a crayon, and practice is how I got to where I am, but they won't listen :/

Reactions: ThatBariGal